Since we decided to build a house last September I’ve been itching to start picking out color swatches, lighting, tiles, carpet samples, and cabinets; all the home customization. Ironically, we decided to were going to go through with the plan to build on a Tuesday evening, and Wednesday morning we found out we were expecting baby #4.
To say that the past four months have been a whirlwind would be quite the understatement. But I’ve actually been quite proud of myself. I’ve paced myself and taken things slowly. First the transition, then finding out we are expecting a baby boy. Then less than a month ago our hole for the foundation was dug, and just this past week our foundation was poured!
So now, it’s time. It’s time to really get to work and start picking out our home designs. But where to start?
There isn’t a single style that I’m completely in love with, rather bits and pieces of multiple styles that I want to pull together…to make my style. So I decided to start with lighting; specifically, pendant lights
My number one necessity in our new home is natural and beautiful lighting. I thrive on light, as does my mood and sanity. 🙂 So to start, today I want to share with you some of my favorite pendant lights.
Pendant Lighting Pros
- Adds style in a subtle way
- Hundreds of styles and designs
- Pendant lights can easily be switched out for another style
- Can provide mood lighting or directed light to a spot or object in the room
- Easy to clean (in most cases)
Pendant Lighting Cons
- Pendant Lights don’t always offer the best light quality
- Usually for smaller, softer bulbs
- Don’t always provide enough light to light up an entire room; may require several pendants to reach the desired lighting.
- Some require specific bulbs that can result in a higher cost
The next couple of images are the same style, but I just love the cording and rope they hang from. Such subtle style. I personally like the glass pendants than the chrome or dome style.
As I search images and inspiration for the styles I like, I find that I equally like the domes and the glass pendants, but I prefer the large domes. Like I mentioned before, I love light and the more the better. I feel that the larger domes would reflect more light, especially if they were in a series of three. What are your thoughts?
Here are a few more pendants samples I love too.