10 Gifts That Aren’t Toys For Kids
I love Christmas and the holiday season and not just because the hustle and bustle, but because it just lifts my spirits and all of my senses.
There is however, one blessing that is a little bitter sweet. Please don’t take me for being ungrateful, but my children as they have grown acquire toys, lots of them. So this year I’m a little hesitant as to what grandparent’s will be sending. Santa and us as parents are the least of my worries, between the three of us we usually keep it in check…but those dang grandparents don’t understand that concept.
For us, sometimes it isn’t even about the gift as it is…where do we put it? 🙂
So this year we dug through all of the toys and were very generous with what we got rid of. So much in fact that I sold a lot of the bigger nicer items and we donated a couple garbage bags full of other toys to Toys for Tots.
However, trying to avoid this gluttony of toys every birthday or holiday can be frustrating. So this year I made a top 10 list of the best gifts for kids that are not toys. 🙂 I hope it helps your shopping list this holiday season.
1. Books – Barnes & Noble (If you do want toys though, check out their fun creative toy section)
3. Crayola Supplies – Target (one of my kiddo’s favorite)
4. Sleds – Target
5. For Materials – It’s Great To Be Home Okay, stay with me. This is kinda crazy, but crazy fun! 🙂
6. Board Games – Target
7. Marshmallow Guns (ok, still kind of a toy, but it’s unique!) – Amazon
8. Instrument – This completely varies. But you can get some decent items on Amazon for kids to start out with. 🙂
9. Tickets – Stubhub
10. Lessons – This varies on your area. But my kiddos love getting “lessons” for gifts. Whether it is dance camp, swim lessons, or art lessons there is always something fun in the community to do for a short period of time and the gift that keeps on giving. This is personally my favorite kind of gift!
Merry Christmas and good luck with your shopping lists! 🙂
(Visited 48 times, 1 visits today)